Having a dog implies a great responsibility. Although the tips to take care of your pet are simple, you should know that they will be for the rest of your life, therefore, taking care of your dog, or that dog you intend to adopt, is not an easy task.
In addition to providing basic things such as food, water, veterinarian or exercise, there are other tips that are important for your pet to be happy and healthy iron.
- Pet your dog. A loving treatment is very advisable for the health of your pet. Take some time of the day to share with your dog and get quality time. Take the opportunity to caress, hug or give a relaxing massage on legs and thighs.
- Make him exercise. Take a few minutes of your day to play with him, either throwing a ball or take a long walk in the park.
- Educate your dog. The education of the pet should include: meal times, outings, spaces where you can sleep, elements with which you can play, the place where you need to do, etc. Learning all these things guarantees a good adaptation of the dog to the home.
- Reward your good behavior. When your dog does something you asked for or responds to a certain type of training, congratulate him and reward him with treats, caresses or toys.
- Visits to the vet. Within the care that an animal needs, regular visits to the veterinarian where vaccines and the obligatory chip are important are important.
- Feeding. It is important that dogs follow a good diet. Talking to the veterinarian will help us know the necessary nutrients for our pet according to their breed, physical condition and weight.
- Animal hygiene. It is important to keep the pet's hygiene up to date: ears, mouth and hair.
Within the care that an animal needs, regular visits to the veterinarian are important.
Basic tips to take care of your dog
Having a dog is not just providing water and I think! Our pet needs much more than a home, veterinary care and exercise.
In Wakyma, we tell you the basics when caring for your dog:
Identify your pet
If you share your life with a pet, There are two types of identification you can have:
- Identification tag: put on a collar or harness with an identification plate with your name, address and contact number. Even if you are very careful, your dog could escape! With an identification collar anyone could locate you to return it to you. Remember also that the collar should not be too tight, two fingers must enter and slide easily!
- Identification microchip: It's fundamental! Can you put it at home? Do not! The vet will put the microchip. There are many cases of dogs that have been able to return home, thanks to the identification of the microchip.
Comply with the local law that governs your pet
Having your dog's vaccination card up to date is essential. If your dog belongs to a special breed (such as potentially dangerous breeds), you may also need to inform yourself about the necessary licenses to have your dog friend.
(Photo via: 1zoom)
Keep your dog neat!
Depending on the race, your dog may need more demanding care, remember! There are canine hairdressers who can handle it if you need it. Or if you are a handyman, you can try to make your own dog grooming session at home.
Take care of your dog's fur, brushing it often, in addition to this way your dog's fur will shine more. Do you have doubts about how to take care of hair? Do not hesitate to ask the veterinarian about the specific care of your breed.
Remember to take your dog to the vet
Do you never remember when to take your pet to the vet? Download the Wakyma app! All notices and care of your pet, in your own hand!
Remember that your dog needs periodic reviews! It is the best way to detect possible health problems. How much sooner! A professional veterinarian is the one who should always diagnose our pet, and offer the best treatment as needed.
Walk your dog, on a leash!
Even if you have all your vaccines in order and licenses (in case you are a breed that needs special licenses), Don't let your dog roam around the neighborhood alone!
(Photo via: groupon)
Remember! You are the person responsible for what may happen to you.
Offer your dog the feed he needs
If you have doubts it is best to ask your veterinarian about the feed, quantity and frequency that your pet needs, since It can vary depending on the weight, age and breed your dog has. If you don't know how to choose your dog's feed, don't miss our advice!
Do not forget the denture of your dog friend! And, their teeth also need to be brushed! They are basic so you can eat well. Don't you know how to take care of your pet's teeth? Discover how to clean your dog's teeth.
Socialize and educate your pet
Socializing your dog since he is a puppy is very important! Where can I socialize my new dog friend? Do not hesitate to go to the nearest park! Remember not to make these mistakes when it comes to take off. Your dog to the park.
With positive reinforcement, you can train and train your pet! Remember, Violence is never an option! If you want to change your dog's behavior, reward him when he does something right!
Exercise your pet!
Play and take long walks with your pet, like this ... you will improve the bond you have with your dog!
How long should you play with your dog? How many times should I walk my pet? This will depend on race, and how active it is.
(Photo via: consumer)
Be patient with your dog!
Behavior problems can be solved! Even speaking of extreme cases, a canine trainer can redirect the most complicated behavior.
If he shows aggressiveness at specific times, for example, if you are going to touch his ears, take your pet to the vet! It could be an ear infection.